What’s the first rule of hobby collecting? By whatever the f*** you love.
What’s the second rule of hobby collecting? BY WHATEVER THE F*** YOU LOVE!
What do these two rules have to do with turning your collection into an investment nest egg? Well…if you end up buying collectibles that don’t end up growing year over year in value, then at least you have a bunch of collectibles you f***ing love!
On the Geeked Out Collecting podcast I talk to a bunch of very cool collectors and hobby investors in the community and we talk about a ton of interesting hobby collecting topics:
- Collecting what you love
- Growing your collection like a nest egg
- Picking collectibles that give you returns
- & More!
Here are a few of the guests we’ve had on so far:
Last week I was hanging out with family and I had the opportunity and privilege to try and explain to older generations why we spend money on Pokemon cards. Of course it went exactly as you can imagine and I convinced no one of anything. Actually I take that back, I convinced myself that the conversation was pointless because they had already made up their mind.
Get ready! This podcast episode I had the pleasure of bringing on Tom from @pancake_analytics and we get super data nerdy. If you know me, you know that I work in data all day every day so bringing on a data scientist was an absolute no brainer. We get into Data Science, Machine Learning, Models, AI and we apply it to hobby collectibles!
This is a topic that’s near and dear to my heart that gets hardly any love or attention from the hobby overall and that is data literacy. It’s a very important topic to cover because data fundamentally has very persuasive qualities and with the lack of complete and accurate data in the hobby collectibles world, I want to share go through a few topics in the hopes that you will be less duped by the bad data out there.
Check out our episodes!
(Part 1) How to Use Fortnite Cards as an Investing Tool w/ Rob & Joel from @R3Rips and @Modern_card1 – Geeked Out Collecting
- (Part 1) How to Use Fortnite Cards as an Investing Tool w/ Rob & Joel from @R3Rips and @Modern_card1
- (Part 2) CONFESSION: I'm a Grown Adult and I Collect Pokemon Cards w/ Will Gabriel from @silentwill_
- (Part 1) CONFESSION: I'm a Grown Adult and I Collect Pokemon Cards w/ Will Gabriel from @silentwill_
- My Thoughts on Beanie Babies (and why Pokemon is FUNDAMENTALLY different)
- Meet the Data Scientist Keeping the Hobby Honest – Tom from @pancake_analytics