w/ Special Guest Charlie from @dulcepokemon
In this episode, I sat down with Charlie again and we talked about my initial thoughts on WOTC card in 2019 and how 2020 proved me wrong. I was really happy to have Charlie on the show again because he’s such a wealth of information. I owe a lot of my learning and knowledge to him and I appreciate his perspective and mindset – he’s a real Pokemon OG.
You can find him on Instagram @dulcepokemon
Here are a few things we talked about:
- How COVID 19 unexpectedly helped the hobby
- Looking at historical niches
- Charlie’s right: Pokemon is even safer to invest in than Amazon!
- What Charlie’s been up to since we last spoke
- Selling graded vintage booster packs before the boom
- Diversifying your Pokemon profile
- My first assumptions about PSA 10’s in 2019
- When I was able to buy an unlimited booster pack for $60
- Charlie’s thoughts on Pokemon’s maturity and how that affects the worth of modern sets vs. vintage
- Everytime someone opens a vintage booster pack…
- How COVID-19 is helping the hobby (in spite of the devastation its causing)
- I thought it was a bubble last year and I was wrong. I thought it was in a bubble this year and I’m probably wrong
- External investor coming to Pokemon
- Charlie’s right – investing in Pokemon is probably a safer than investing in Amazon
- I did think it was going to be a bubble
- Historical niches
- Why follow the trends?
- Scalpers and how that can benefit the hobby
- If you see a PSA 10 slab for $20, just buy it
- PSA Grading
- Do I sell my Fortnite 1 of 1s?
- Liquidating your collection or keep your money tied up?
- The vault
- The Illustrator
- A stock market watch for Pokemon
- Gold stars